Saturday, April 10, 2010

Week 51—Online Assemblage

MonCurried Chicken w/Peaches (Taste of Home)
TuesHam & Cheese Pasta (Taste of Home)
WedsBaked Sloppy Joes (Taste of Home)
Thurs Enchilada Casserole (Taste of Home)
Fri Orange roughy w/cornbread and mashed sweet potatoes
Extras breakfast; Cuban rice
---
I got a few emails from the Taste of Home website this week that led me to this menu plan. Each day this week I grabbed one or two recipes that sounded interesting. With all the improvements to the magazine in recent years, I still can't quite believe they published Thursday's recipe as a "casser-olé." That's part of the mag's charm, though, and I suspect I'm supposed to laugh at the wit of it all.

For the fish, I plan to use the following:
Combine onion salt, pepper, dill and paprika; sprinkle over fillets. In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily.

I've been putting together my shopping list below as I've added recipes this week. I'm leaving it here for now be/c it doesn't exist anywhere else that's portable for the store.

Groceries: sweet pots, cilantro, buns, fish (roughy/snapper), fryer chicken, Mex cheese blend or other to go w/cheddar, bowties/wagon wheels, black beans, salsa (grande), peaches (slice-canned)

Happy cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment