Friday, April 23, 2010

Eat This

There's a book and now website that I keep coming across that screams marketing fad, but intrigues me. It's called "Eat This, Not That" with the goal of informing people about food trade-offs.

The first one that I saw was the nutritional difference between a can of Spaghetti-O's and Kraft Mac n' Cheese. The O's are apparently much better for you, assuming you make the Kraft per box instructions, and no add-ins as I often do. I tried this exchange out a few months ago and learned that A) my kids don't eat either one of these products and B) Spaghetti-O's are pretty gross. Still, interesting to learn about your food assumptions, especially when it comes to prepared or fast foods.

Anyway, I took a fast-food quiz tonight based on the new "kid" version of "Eat This, Not That" and was disappointed to get only 25% correct. You were asked to choose between 2 different meals at a fast food restaurant based on which you thought would be healthier. It surprised me as my score shows. If you want to check out the site or take the quiz, go here: Eat This, Not That for Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment