Monday, January 25, 2010

Week 40–Peach Pies + At Least Three Meals Only Parents Will Eat

Monbeef stir fry
Tuessalmon loaf (everyone in the family is dreading this but me)
Wedsbistro mac n' cheese
Thurs Jamaican fish chowder with kale
Fri presto chicken tacos
Alts Rigatoni; Chicken fingers, oven fries, squash
---
On Sunday I tried a recipe for mini-peach pies that I saw in Parent's magazine. You make little personal-sized peach pies which are: peaches, cinnamon & sugar on a little bed of graham cracker crumbs within a 4" pie crust round. Bake 400 for 30 min. I made the pie crust from scratch be/c I like to, but you can use pre-made pie crust and just roll it out a bit. The result was ok, but for the time it took to assemble and shape the mini-pies, I will just make a whole pie in the future. More pie that way too!

Discovered several great baking recipes over the weekend I'm anxious to try. Some lemon bread, homemade donuts, others. Will let you know how they are as I get to them over the coming weeks, months, years. You know. Happy cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment