Thursday, May 21, 2009

Week 5-Catching Up

MonLeftovers
TuesDinner out (so far, I'm loving this week)
WedsGrilled brats and asparagus
Thurs1-pot spaghetti (BH&G recipe I made when first learning to cook.)
FriStir fry beef
AltsTomato quiche (will tackle on the weekend when I have more time); "Popple" with hashbrowns, eggs, sausage, cheese suggested by a reader. Will either experiment with what I remember of her description, or make a last-minute call to confirm what to do. Jody, if you're out there, leave the recipe in the comments so we can make it!
---
I think "stir fry" has appeared for 3 weeks running. I have yet to make it. We have a birthday this week so will enjoy a mid-week night out. We also have a rarity in our house after this weekend's cooking -- leftovers! Usually they're devoured at lunchtime, but the fridge needs emptying out. I'm getting a wide range of stories about how many of you all handle menu planning which I'll share later this week. For now, happy cooking.

1 comment:

  1. Per your request, here's the recipe for Pepperoni Hopple-Popple. There are so many versions you could make, but here's the one I followed.

    2-1/2 c. froz. shredded hash brown potatoes
    1/3 c. chopped onion (I used onion powder because the kids don't like chunks of onion)
    3 tbsp butter
    5 eggs
    1/2 c. milk
    1 tsp. Italian seasoning
    1/4 to 1/2 tsp. pepper
    25 slices pepperoni
    1 c. (4 oz.) shredded Mexican cheese blend

    In large skillet, cook potatoes and onion in butter until tender and lightly browned. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.

    Pour over potato mixture. Sprinkle with pepperoni. Cover and cook on medium-low heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until eggs are set. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 2 minutes. Cut into wedges.

    Yield: 6 servings

    Source: Taste of Home Fun Food, Sept. 22, 2008

    ReplyDelete