Tuesday, May 26, 2009

This is what cheesecake looks like after 4 hours in the oven.

Found a new recipe to try for my husband's birthday for Toffee Crunch Caramel Cheesecake on Epicurious. I got a late start, going for groceries at 10:30PM. Went to 2 stores to get the ingredients I needed, then popped it in the oven at around 1AM. I asked my husband to set the alarm for an hour later. Something went amiss and we both woke up around 4:30 wondering if the other had gotten the cake out.

I think we were spared the hideous burning odor because it baked partially submerged in water. There was probably a good amount of time where the water was just evaporating off and things weren't starting on fire.

A bit of a scramble the next day and I came across a recipe from Magnolia Bakery that we used to enjoy in NYC. We'll try the cheesecake another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment