Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What's in a list?

Forgive my extreme laziness in not rotating the top photo. I found this list in my Target cart while shopping a couple nights ago. I thought it was fascinating. The sheer detail of the note, down to specific brands and flavors, the grammar/spelling, the handwriting style, paper type...all these things that made me think "elderly woman who dictated this list trying to make it foolproof for her husband whom she sent out shopping."Is that what you see in it?

Compare that to my list below in comparative shorthand. It being Target, my cart was considerably more full than my list would indicate by the time I reached the checkout.

I hope to find more of these lists. Could make a fun analysis. So interesting to me to see what people are eating/buying.


No comments:

Post a Comment