Thursday, January 6, 2011

"The Best Day Ever"

My 3-year-old sighed audibly at dinner last night and said, "This is the best day ever!"

I had some theories about why he might have said that: the fact that he didn't have a nap or even quiet time that day; the fact that we had spent much of the day making shields out of cardboard for mock-battles; the fact that he had enjoyed playing with some new Christmas toys.

When I asked him what made it so great, he said, "Steak!" This is a jaw-dropper in our house since he hasn't eaten a piece of "unmasked" meat to my knowledge in nearly 2 years.  Yet, there he sat picking through the stir-fry, eating all the steak out. I'm coming to believe it is truly not worth worrying about what your kid eats as long as they're growing and their teeth aren't rotting out.

No comments:

Post a Comment