Sunday, November 14, 2010

Bake Sale


At 11PM Friday night, I found myself musing. Musing about the fact that I was making a bake sale item for my kid's school. Musing about the fact that I would like to be in bed. Musing that I don't really know how to make chocolate dipped pretzel rods because it's taking me a lot longer than it should. Musing about how many unusable bits there will be and how much chocolate left over so I can have a snack once I'm done.

For the 8 packs of 3 chocolate-dipped pretzel sticks I made, each pack selling for I believe 50 cents, that's a whopping $4 for the school. My ingredients cost roughly twice that. Quaint, but not economically savvy. Maybe half the point is community building? Making sure we all have enough dessert in our homes? Whatever the result, I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the Irish soda bread that I picked up at the sale. And I have a feeling this is only the beginning of the "things for the benefit of school" tasks that lie ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment