Thursday, July 22, 2010

Double-Lunch

Had a scattered AM trying to get out the door to the Children's Museum. I was working on packing a lunch to avoid fast-food temptation after the museum visit. Kids were needy at clashing moments, someone, then another, was wanting to be held for various reasons, which slowed things down. Spreading cream cheese on a mini bagel with one hand anyone? You've been there, I know.

So, I finally get a reasonable lunch packed, get the kids loaded into the van. We arrive at the museum to find that the rest of the city has also decided to attend on this day. Then I remember I'm supposed to meet my 90-year-old great-aunt for lunch in Burnsville in 2 hours. Argh.

We made it through enough of the museum to satisfy, then to a cafe in Burnsville where my kids ordered: broccoli, cream of chicken soup, and pancakes. How much easier the morning would have been if I'd remembered that we had lunch plans! Better luck next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment