Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sweet Lies

10:38pm
I begin assembling a recipe for no-bake bars that claim to take 20 min. You're on.

10:52pm
I've finally finished crushing Chex cereal and measuring dry ingredients. There is no way this is going to take 20 min.

11:02pm
Marshmallows and butter are melted and ready to combine with the dry ingredients. 24 minutes and counting.

11:18pm
Currants have been added, the pan prepared, and the bars have been pressed into the pan. 20 minutes. I think not. I take this as a personal affront. My time is precious. If you're telling me it takes a certain amount of time to make your recipe, then assuming I've done my prep work and have the ingredients on hand, IT BETTER NOT TAKE ANY LONGER!

Time for bed.

By the way, this is what I made: Snack Bars
This is part of the service project effort that my kids, possibly others, were to participate in. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment