Monday, May 11, 2009

On the third day, dinner was ready.


Ever have one of those meals that just can't make it to the table? I made cabbage dolmates last week, but it took 3 days to get there.

Day 1: Cooked the cabbage leaves. Then my youngest woke early from a nap, and I knew I wouldn't be able to finish. So I put the leaves in the fridge.
Day 2: I mixed up the stuffing for the rolls (basically a meatloaf), and found out we were going out to dinner with visiting family members. Stuffing goes into the fridge. Hope those leaves are holding up...
Day 3: Rolled up the stuffing in the cabbage (leaves were fine, phew), made a mini-meatloaf with the extra for the freezer, mixed an avgolemono sauce for the top, and enjoyed a meal worth waiting for.

This is why I pursue 1-hour plus recipes once a week at most! It might take the whole week to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment