Monday, December 13, 2010

Hope Santa Likes Them

Tried a new sugar cookie recipe this year. I should have known it would make a lot as it called for 7 cups of flour. I don't even know how many we made, but I think it's in the neighborhood of 10-12 dozen.

I baked the first half of the cookies with my 3- and 5-year-old. You have to be in the right frame of mind to bake with people that age. I'm not sure I was completely there, but I did notice that when I finished baking the rest of the dough that night, it was a bit too quiet.

It made me think of my mom, and how she loves it when the grandkids help decorate her Christmas tree. Even if it looks awful or things get broken along the way, their excitement is contagious. What would the holidays be if you celebrated by yourself?

Peaceful...Low-stress...
And dull.

So, dig in, Santa.

No comments:

Post a Comment