Tuesday, April 12, 2011

online in the kitchen

A colleague of mine just wrote a great review about using the iPad for following recipes (focused on a review of epicurious vs. big oven).

I don't have an iPad. Yet. But I constantly cook with my laptop in the kitchen in horribly dangerous scenarios akin to using a hairdryer in the bathtub. When my husband and I were first married we talked about "dream kitchens," complete with computer screens built into the front of your fridge. We're there, and fortunately, reality is better than the dream.

What types of devices will our kids read recipes from? I love my grandmother's hand-written recipes, but they are almost as quaint as hand-written letters at this point. Maybe cooking for yourself will be widely quaint too in 50 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment