Friday, June 4, 2010

For the love of KitchenAid mixers

We have no convenient space for a nice mixer in our kitchen (who does?) but when we had the chance to buy one a couple years ago from a friend who was moving to England, we took advantage of the bargain price. All our friend had ever made with it was whipped cream.

Today we made a pizza crust and a batch of chocolate chip cookies with the mixer. Last week it was used for a birthday cake. In my house, it's used maybe 2 times a month. Worth having, and at that rate I'll probably never wear it out. At least it makes storing it in our basement not too horrid of a chore.

Thank you, KitchenAid mixer, for helping me make foods that are delicious and usually fatty as all get-out. I think I'll put you to a new use now -- running in an empty bowl to drown out the sound of my neighbor's music. White noise, sweet white noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment