Friday, June 11, 2010

Baptism Brunch Menu Plan (work in progress)

I'm typing this with a warm cozy baby on my lap. Is this technically multi-tasking, or just wasting time be/c I'm spending more time on this than I otherwise might so I don't have to move?

Anyway, here's what I think we'll do for the brunch. Thank you, epicurious.com. This weekend we'll work out a schedule since a lot of these items can be made in advance. Think there will be about 15 people here to eat.

SIDES
Hot crab dip with veggies (peppers, carrots, radishes--from our garden-woo!)
Guinness Stout Ginger Cake (from "Desserts of Gramercy Tavern")
Bagels (onion recommended w/the trout-egg dish)
Watermelon slices, bowl of blueberries or some sort of fresh fruit
Hash brown brunch casserole

MAIN
Creamy scrambled eggs w/smoked trout and green onions
Baked french toast w/cardamom and marmalade  My brother made this last recipe for my neice's 1st Communion last month. It was great. Ultra-sweet.

BEVVIES
Sparkling agua
Coffee
OJ
Actually, why not mix the sparkling agua with the OJ? Nice variation, not so sweet, a bit fresca. Sounds good.

DESSERT
I'm debating ordering a cake, or making a double of the recently much-practiced Tres Leches. I'm looking at this list thinking there's a lot (too much) here both to do, and to eat. Will review w/the hubby before writing the final shopping list.

No comments:

Post a Comment