Sunday, October 11, 2009

Week 25 - Hibernation = Experimentation

Monpumpkin ravioli (Oct/Nov issue of Taste of Home)
Tuesglazed shrimp and asparagus (Oct/Nov issue of Taste of Home)
Wedsbeef stew (Oct/Nov issue of Taste of Home - can't find link)
Thurs pepper lime chicken and wild rice (Better Homes and Gardens)
Fri dirty rice (Chachere's box)
Alt shrimp pot stickers (Oct/Nov issue of Taste of Home)
---
It's happened. Cold weather is upon us and I'm once again happy to spend more time in the kitchen. I picked a handful of recipes from my newest Taste of Home that looked interesting. I tried the "alternate" shrimp pot stickers recipe this afternoon and loved them. Highly addicting. I'd never made pot stickers before, so was happy that they came together easily. More on that in the next day or two -- I have pictures! I have a banana bread baking in the oven right now. Ahh. The smells of a cold weather kitchen are in the air. Happy cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment