Saturday, March 20, 2010

Week 48—Pesto, Peas, Puff Pastry

MonCreamy Pesto Chicken & Bowties (Taste of Home)
TuesBrats & beans
WedsHam & Swiss Puff Pastry Quiche (Epicurious)
Thurs Falafels
Fri Tuna & Pea Casserole (Taste of Home)
Extras chip plate; dirty rice
---
I am wiped out. The good kind of wiped out that comes from spending time outdoors hiking, riding bikes and scooters, listening to chirping birds, and smelling moist earth. Oh yeah, and chasing after your 2- and 4-year-old through the day kissing hurt knees, mediating property rights of toy frogs, and cleaning anything and everything in their wake. By 8 at night, that will pretty much leave any parent flat-lined for the duration of what would have been the start of a fun/productive evening not so many years ago.

With more than a slight sense of time-warp, I type in a recipe this week for tuna casserole that has even me wondering. I think about how we once sat down to dinner at this hour before getting ready to go out for the night. Parties that started at a time I now crawl into bed. My first baby shower that ended after 1 AM with guests still arriving as late as 11 toting wine to share. You know that past-life I'm talking about. The details may vary, but that line in the sandbox is there. Happy cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment